Full-Service Calvert County Law Firm with a Reputation for Excellence
Located in Prince Frederick, Cumberland & Erly, LLC is among the most prominent law firms in southern Maryland, consistently providing high quality and comprehensive legal services to clients in Calvert, Charles, and St. Mary's counties. Our success is based on the experience, strong character, and integrity of each of our attorneys, who work together as a team to zealously and compassionately represent our clients' interests.
With our consummate knowledge and legal expertise, we are able to assist clients across a spectrum of practice areas, including:
- Family law and matters of divorce, separation, custody, visitation, support, division of assets, premarital agreements, paternity, adoption, domestic violence peace orders, guardianship, and alimony
- Estate planning and probate, including the preparation of wills, trusts, and other transfer documents, as well as estate administration through probate proceedings
- Criminal defense of adults and juveniles charged with DUI/DWI, drug crimes, theft, white collar crimes, sex offenses, arson, and other felonies and misdemeanors
- Personal injury and workers' compensation claims arising from motor vehicle accidents, workplace injuries, defective products, dangerous premises, dog bites, malpractice, and other injury causing circumstances
- Business and commercial law, including business formation and planning, obtaining funding for business operations, transactions, employer-employee relations, and litigation
- Real estate, including purchase and sale, mortgages, foreclosures, leases, title examinations, quiet title actions, closings, and management
- Land use matters involving condemnation, development, zoning and rezoning, easements, variances, environmental impacts, and land use litigation
- Construction litigation arising from alleged construction defects and poor workmanship, contract disputes, construction lien claims, and other issues among contractors, subcontractors, businesses, and homeowners
- Environmental litigation, defense of MDE claims, defense of critical area claims, prosecution and defense of claims for environmental contamination
- Firearms Litigation, including defense of charges of possessing a regulated firearm, concealed weapons permits, clearing of criminal records so as to be able to obtain regulated firearms, expungements, Second Amendments rights, firearm trusts, concealed carry permits
Our firm has achieved an AV preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, indicating the highest level of professional skill and ethical standards. To every case and for every client we bring more than 135 years of combined trial experience, ensuring that we are capable of tackling any challenge before us. Just as important, we truly understand how legal matters affect clients, and do everything we can to resolve issues swiftly and economically.
Seek Advice & Representation from Respected Calvert County Attorneys
In southern Maryland, Cumberland & Erly's reputation is second to none. To learn how we may assist in your legal matter, please contact our offices for a free initial consultation with one of our experienced Prince Frederick lawyers. As our client, you will receive the quality of legal services you should expect for your time, money, and trust.
Based in Prince Frederick, Cumberland & Erly, LLC serves communities throughout southern Maryland, including Dunkirk, Lusby, Chesapeake Beach, North Beach, and Huntington in Calvert County; Waldorf and La Plata in Charles County; and Leonardtown and Lexington Park in St. Mary's County.