Amy D. Lorenzini
Amy D. Lorenzini is a partner at Cumberland & Erly, LLC. Before joining Cumberland & Erly, LLC, Mrs. Lorenzini was an assistant state's attorney for St. Mary's County where she was in charge of the child support enforcement unit and prosecuted district and circuit court criminal matters. Presently, her practice focuses in the areas of complex litigation, felony criminal matters, property law, land use and zoning, environmental and Maryland Department of Environment defense, and estates. Mrs. Lorenzini has achieved an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, indicating that her peers rank her legal ability and ethical standards at the highest level of professional excellence.
Mrs. Lorenzini earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1998, and her Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law in 2001. Following law school, she clerked for the Honorable Marvin S. Kaminetz, retired, Circuit Court for St. Mary's County, Maryland. Mrs. Lorenzini was admitted to practice law in Maryland in 2002 and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland in 2008.
Mrs. Lorenzini serves as the Chairperson of the Calvert County Pro Bono Committee, screening pro bono cases and placing clients with volunteer attorneys. She also runs the Pro Se Family Law Clinic at the Circuit Court for Calvert County, and is president of the Calvert County Bar Association. She has been awarded a Certificate of Congressional Recognition, was honored by the Calvert County Commissioners on Law Day 2010, and has received numerous other awards. Mrs. Lorenzini is a member of the American, Maryland State, Calvert County, and St. Mary's County bar associations, and at the request of the Court of Appeals is a professionalism instructor for new admittees to the Bar.
- University of Maryland School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- University of Maryland, College Park, Bachelor of Arts, 1998
- Maryland, 2002
- United States District Court, District of Maryland, 2008
Professional Associations & Memberships
- St. Mary's County Bar Association, Member
- Calvert County Bar Association, Member and President
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Calvert County Pro Bono Committee, Chairperson, 2007-present
- Pro Se Family Law Clinic at the Circuit Court for Calvert County
- Calvert County Juvenile Drug Court Steering Committee, Chairperson, 2007-2009
- Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland Pro Bono Award
- Certificate of Congressional Recognition received for pro bono work
- Calvert County Bar Association Law Day Award
- Maryland's Most Beautiful Award for volunteer work