Phyllis A. Baker
Attorney Phyllis A. Baker focuses her legal practice at Cumberland & Erly, LLC in the areas of probate, estate planning, guardianship, adoptions, and criminal trial. She graduated from the University of Maryland University College, College Park, Maryland in 1992 with honors, where she was a member of the Alpha Sigma Lambda Honor Society. In 1998, Ms. Baker graduated from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Ms. Baker was admitted to practice law in Maryland in 1999 and in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland in 2000. In 1999, she clerked for the Honorable Warren J. Krug, Administrative Judge for the Circuit Court for Calvert County.
Since 1998, Ms. Baker has volunteered her time to various professional and volunteer associations, serving as president of the Calvert County Bar Association in 2005 and serving on many Calvert County boards and commissions.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1998
- University of Maryland, Bachelor of Science with Honors, 1992
- Maryland, 1999
- United States District Court, District of Maryland, 2000
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Calvert County Commission for Women, Chair, 1984-1987
- Calvert County Ethics Commission, Officer, 1990-1996
- Board of the Adult Daycare for Calvert County, Chair
- Maryland State Child Fatality Review Team, Member, 1999
- Calvert County Child Fatality Review Team, Member, 2005-2009
- Calvert County Department of Social Services Advisory Board, 1999-2001
- Calvert County Guardianship Review Commission, 2009-present
- Calvert County Bar Association, President, Member and Past President, 2005
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member