Amy D. Lorenzini
Amy D. Lorenzini is a partner at Cumberland & Erly, LLC. Before joining Cumberland & Erly, LLC, Mrs. Lorenzini was an Assistant State's Attorney for St. Mary's County where she was in charge of the child support enforcement unit and prosecuted district and circuit court criminal matters. Presently, her practice focuses in the areas of complex litigation, business law, property law, land use and zoning, environmental and Maryland Department of Environment defense, wills and estates. Mrs. Lorenzini has achieved an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the national directory of attorneys, indicating that her peers rank her legal ability and ethical standards at the highest level of professional excellence.
Mrs. Lorenzini earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Maryland, College Park in 1998, and her Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland School of Law in 2001. Following law school, she clerked for the Honorable Marvin S. Kaminetz, retired, Circuit Court for St. Mary's County, Maryland. Mrs. Lorenzini is admitted to practice law in Maryland and the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
Mrs. Lorenzini is currently serving her second year on the Maryland State Bar Association Board of Governors and is active in the State and Local Bar Associations. She is a past president of the Calvert County Bar Association and has served two terms on the Board for the Calvert County Bar. In addition, Mrs. Lorenzini serves as the Chairperson of the Calvert County Pro Bono Committee. She has been awarded a Certificate of Congressional Recognition, was honored by the Calvert County Commissioners on Law Day 2010, and has received numerous other awards. Mrs. Lorenzini is a member of the American and Maryland Bar Foundations, an honor reserved to the top in the legal field.
- University of Maryland School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- University of Maryland, College Park, Bachelor of Arts, 1998
- Maryland, 2002
- United States District Court, District of Maryland, 2008
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association, Board of Governors (2016-present), Membership Committee (2017)
- American Bar Association
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- Maryland Bar Fellow
- Maryland Professionalism Center, Inc., Staff
- Calvert County Bar Association, President (2011-2012), President-Elect (2010-2011), Board of Directors (2012-2016)
- Calvert County Pro Bono Committee, Chairperson (2007-present)
- Calvert County Juvenile Drug Court Steering Committee, Chairperson (2007-2009)
- Inducted as Fellow of American Bar Foundation (2017)
- Inducted as Fellow of Maryland Bar Foundation (2017)
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (2010)
- Pro Bono Resource Center of Maryland, Pro Bono Award (2010)
- Certificate of Congressional Recognition (2010)
- Calvert County Bar Association, Law Day Award (2010)